SSII/T2 Workshop Manual - Chapter G17... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Threads to 2015 » SSII/T2 Workshop Manual - Chapter G17 - Color? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 1218
Posted on Thursday, 19 February, 2015 - 10:53 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Would anyone happen to have a copy of Chapter G17 from TSD4200 scanned in color (or even just the pipework diagrams scanned in color)?

The equivalent chapter from TSD4276, the original Shadow/T Workshop Manual, that's on the technical library is scanned in color, and having the color-coded pipework diagrams comes in handy at times.

Brian

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 1534
Posted on Thursday, 19 February, 2015 - 01:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Brian,

My copy of TSD4200 was scanned in B&W too - we need someone who has the original printed manual.

If anyone in Australia has a print copy and they are prepared to send Chapter G to me, I will be happy to do high resolution full colour scans as I did for the high-res version of TSD2476 in the Technical Library and I will guarantee certified return delivery to the owner.

Brian Vogel
Grand Master

Post Number: 1219
Posted on Thursday, 19 February, 2015 - 02:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

David,

I've got a similar request floating "out there" in several locations. If I either obtain a decent scan from someone, or a hard copy that I can scan, I will happily pass it on.

By the way, what DPI level are you classing as high resolution? My scanners default to 300 DPI for a color document and can max out at 600 DPI for a color photograph (or anything I can scan, for that matter).

Brian

Carl Heydon
Frequent User
Username: car

Post Number: 66
Posted on Thursday, 19 February, 2015 - 05:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I'm sure you will have explored the vast detail that Marinus Rijkers has given us here. http://www.rrsilvershadow.com/

Chris Browne
Prolific User
Username: chrisb

Post Number: 188
Posted on Thursday, 19 February, 2015 - 07:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello Brian,

I have the diagrams as .pdf files but they are too big to post on this message board. I will send them to you in a private message. The diagram is in two parts as I only have an A4 scanner.

Kind regards,

Chris

Chris Browne
Prolific User
Username: chrisb

Post Number: 189
Posted on Thursday, 19 February, 2015 - 07:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Oops! Doesn't look like I can do that either as the private message function does not allow attachments. If you send me a PM through this site and include your ordinary e.mail address, I'll send them to you.

Kind regards,

Chris

Brian Vogel
Grand Master

Post Number: 1220
Posted on Friday, 20 February, 2015 - 12:35 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Carl,

I'm very familiar with Marinus Rijkers' Rolls-Royce Silver Shadow Website and the hydraulic technical pages. I refer people there frequently. However, the diagrams he has there of the hydraulic pipework are copied from the Shadow "One" workshop manual and are quite small and hard to read. I'd just like to have a copy of those same pages as scanned from the Shadow II Workshop Manual, which appear to be a bit easier to read as well.

Chris,

I've sent you a PM with my e-mail address. Thank you very much for your kind offer.

Brian

Brian Vogel
Grand Master

Post Number: 1221
Posted on Friday, 20 February, 2015 - 06:08 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

With Mr. Browne's very kind assistance in providing scans of the print copy of the pertinent pages, I now present a searchable PDF of figure G2, left-hand drive cars, in full color (and size) glory.

Chapter G17, Figure G2, Left-Hand Drive Cars: Color-Coded Hydraulic Pipework

More to come as source material and editing time allow.

Brian

Jean-Pierre 'JP' Hilbert
Experienced User
Username: jphilbert

Post Number: 46
Posted on Friday, 20 February, 2015 - 07:30 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Brian, classy, again! Thanks!!!

Brian Vogel
Grand Master

Post Number: 1222
Posted on Friday, 20 February, 2015 - 08:46 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

And, again with original scans from Chris Browne, I now present:

Chapter G17, Figure G1, Right-Hand Drive Cars: Color-Coded Hydraulic Pipework

Brian, who will get around to doing the "hack out B&W then insert color" on Chapter G at some later date

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 1537
Posted on Friday, 20 February, 2015 - 08:59 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Brian,

Gentlemen, you have been very busy in the past 12 hours and a big thank you to everyone involved.

I used 600dpi on a top-end HP scanner for TSD2476 and now have an Epson scanner with even greater resolution. The downside is the increased time to scan each page at high resolutions.