Height Control Noise Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Threads to 2015 » Height Control Noise « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

John Aravanis
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 213.5.21.85
Posted on Sunday, 31 October, 2004 - 02:57 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Five months of trying to locate a noise(comes from under the car below the rear seat area) similar to driving over train tracks(minus the vibration)which happens at any speed and time, and in any sequence. Finally traced it to the height control solenoid, because when I pull the fuse that protects the instruments, warning lights, a/c, and HT control the noise is gone.
But, when I open any door I can still hear the click from the solenoids fast/slow operation, that is with the fuse removed.
Does the solenoid operate through a relay in the engine bay relay compartment? Could the relay be malfunctioning erraticaly, causing the noise?(with the fuse installed of course)
And how easy is it to get to the relays? My Shadow is equipped with CAV voltage regulator, but I don't know how I can manage to undo the screws holding the cover in place.
Regards,
John

(Message approved by david_gore)

John Dare
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 144.138.194.139
Posted on Saturday, 06 November, 2004 - 07:14 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

John, I note that you have not to date, received any response to your post. I have pondered the possible causes and solutions for almost one week but regret I am not qualified to confidently advise. Perhaps Mr.P.Lockyer, who, being an U.K based "R-R" expert and regular contributor, will be able to provide the answers to your questions?

(Message approved by david_gore)

Patrick Lockyer.
Prolific User
Username: pat_lockyer

Post Number: 46
Posted on Monday, 08 November, 2004 - 05:40 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Ah ha rumbled at last.
Two postings from the same source.
Found with military precision.