Intake manifold map Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Threads to 2015 » Intake manifold map « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Geoff Wootton
Grand Master
Username: dounraey

Post Number: 617
Posted on Saturday, 24 January, 2015 - 07:01 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Does anyone know of a "map" that shows which cylinder is serviced by which carburetor i.e. the layout of the inlet manifold. I have done extensive searching and have been unable to find this information.

Geoff

Jim Walters
Experienced User
Username: jim_walters

Post Number: 29
Posted on Saturday, 24 January, 2015 - 08:46 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Part of it is easy to remember, think of the Swedish band ABBA and the numbers 1234 in sequence. So A1 B2 B3 A4 is fed by one carb and the rest by the other. I can't recall off the top of my head which side is which though. I'll try and have a look at a car out in the shop later.

SRE22493 NAC-05370
www.bristolmotors.com

Geoff Wootton
Grand Master
Username: dounraey

Post Number: 618
Posted on Saturday, 24 January, 2015 - 09:04 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Jim

Many thanks. I'm using a colortune and chose A4 as the first cylinder to check. A4 corresponds to the right carb as viewed from the drivers seat. I then guessed at B2 and could see it was the same carb. I was about to try B3, so your response has saved me finding yet another cylinder on the same carb. Great way to remember the map. Thanks again.

Geoff

Bob Reynolds
Prolific User
Username: bobreynolds

Post Number: 220
Posted on Saturday, 24 January, 2015 - 10:13 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

It's easy to remember, without trying to remember numbers and letters, and which bank is which, etc:

Each carb feeds the outer cylinders on its own bank, and the inner cylinders of the opposite bank.