Shadow II Eclectric cooling fan SRF 3... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Threads to 2015 » Shadow II Eclectric cooling fan SRF 30469 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Aaron H.
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 98.65.212.73
Posted on Thursday, 18 September, 2014 - 08:35 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi all. New the RROCOA, but not new to Rolls-royce. ;) I've something that is baffling me. In the past, someone wired the Electric cooling fan,(the one behind the grill, mounted in front of the A/C condenser)through an aftermarket relay that allowed the fan to run continuously whenever the automatic climate control was on. This is not correct, obviously. The overheating problem turned out to be a faulty temperature gauge sending unit. Why that wasn't checked is beyond me. Regardless, I am putting all of the wiring back to the way it is supposed to be. I can't seem to find any information for this electric fan in the manual, nor does the relay layout diagram show a relay for this electric fan. Is there supposed to be a relay for this fan, and if so where is it?! Also, when the two wires that hook to the 212 otter switch are bridged, nothing happens....which leads me to believe that something is missing. If I had even a wiring diagram I could figure this out. Tracing wires in the beasts can lead to a lot of time lost, so I though I'd ask here before I do it the hard, old-fashioned way. Any and all advice is truly appreciated. AARON

(Message approved by david_gore)

John Grieve
Experienced User
Username: john116

Post Number: 34
Posted on Saturday, 27 September, 2014 - 06:30 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi - this response from me is a little pointless, as I can't help you. Although, I have been trying to find the circuit diagram for the electric fan in the service manual etc, but can't find it. If it is in the manual, it's well hidden!

Bob uk
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 94.197.122.82
Posted on Saturday, 27 September, 2014 - 06:36 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

A cooling fan uses a fair bit of power. So it will most likely have a relay because temperature switches won't take the load especially on start up.

(Message approved by david_gore)