1974 Shadow SRH19270 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Threads to 2015 » 1974 Shadow SRH19270 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jon Rothwell
Experienced User
Username: jon_rothwell

Post Number: 7
Posted on Monday, 20 September, 2004 - 05:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

My in-laws have just purchased an Australian compliance Shadow SRH19270 and we are looking for any info on this vehicle. It was from Perth WA but that's about as much as we know at this stage other than it appears to have been very well cared for all of its life.

Any info or history will be greatly appreciated.

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 310
Posted on Monday, 20 September, 2004 - 05:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Jon,

The only edition of Chassis Plate I have is from 2001 and your in-laws vehicle is not listed as a Club car anywhere in Australia.

Suggest you obtain a set of chassis cards from the RREC Hunt House archives and start there - use the link from the home page of this site and search Hunt House for more details.

Richard Treacy
Grand Master
Username: richard_treacy

Post Number: 361
Posted on Monday, 20 September, 2004 - 06:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

For Mark Peacock:

this is the way to order your chassis cards too. Pay by credit card and quote your RROC(A) membership.

Mark Peacock
Prolific User
Username: takemehomejames

Post Number: 32
Posted on Monday, 20 September, 2004 - 08:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Jon, thanks to Richard, I contacted
barbarawestlake @ rrec.org.uk
I hope she doesn't mind that i listed her email address.
Its 38 GBP + 4 (for postage).Thats about $100AUS.

Mark P

Richard Treacy
Grand Master

Post Number: 363
Posted on Monday, 20 September, 2004 - 08:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Mark,

You will find Barbara very reliable. She usually ships the substantial package on the same day as ordered.

The sheets will astonish you.

Look at the defects and corrections. Incredible. If you read the book Lean Thinking by Womack and Jones and compare, you will probably conclude that Crewe was a century out of date in manufacturing processes.

Check out just one sheet in the Final Road Test of my Turbo R. Defects or what ? The whole set looks like this.

RT.

Jon Rothwell
Experienced User

Post Number: 8
Posted on Monday, 20 September, 2004 - 10:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks very much to everyone for your help, we will be following up the build papers for both our Shadows shortly.

As a matter of interest to any potential Shadow buyers out there, if you ever want to see the difference between a grey market English import car and an Australian compliance model then stand them next to each other and compare the damage.

My English car is a project and always has been, but my in-laws Australian delivered car is simply stunning and is the best advert for buying a quality car first time.

There are some detailed pictures of both cars up on my website www.nw-limo.com

Regards

Jon

John Dare
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 144.138.194.115
Posted on Monday, 20 September, 2004 - 09:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Reads similar to mine (like a script from "Blue Hills") as a near demented fitter tried THREE wiper motors until he could find ONE that "worked". Imagine how many buyers they would frightened off, if all of this sorry "evidence" had been included as insert/attachments to the up market showroom sales albums and catalogues.

(Message approved by david_gore)

Jon Rothwell
Experienced User

Post Number: 9
Posted on Wednesday, 29 September, 2004 - 12:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi again, haven't had any luck with the email address, no response so far, and am not able to locate any info on the Hunt House site.

I had a lot of trouble getting my Bentley build papers and got someone in England to look them up for me in the end.

Is there something I am doing wrong, or am I just not looking in the right place?

Jon

David Gore

Post Number: 314
Posted on Wednesday, 29 September, 2004 - 02:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Jon,

The following link should get you there:

http://www.rrec.co.uk/wc.dll?rrprocess~Guestloadhtm~/GUESTS/contact.htm

If not, just go to:
www.rrec.co.uk
click on "guest"
click on "Foundation" from menu bar and select "contact".

Hope this helps.

Jon Rothwell
Experienced User

Post Number: 10
Posted on Thursday, 30 September, 2004 - 10:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks David,

I have sent them an email (again) but this reminds me of when I was trying to get the papers for my Bentley.

I sent several emails over several weeks (as did some family members in the UK) with no result and eventually found a RREC member in the UK who obtained the papers for me in 24 hours.

At this stage I am not that confident of a reply but will keep you informed of my progress.

Regards

Jon

Richard Treacy
Grand Master

Post Number: 372
Posted on Thursday, 30 September, 2004 - 11:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Mark posted:

barbarawestlake @ rrec.org.uk

In case you didn't pick it up, there should be no spaces: computers are very unforgiving.

It should be:

barbarawestlake@rrec.org.uk

otherwise go to:

admin@rrec.org.uk

and they will make sure your request is processed.

As an RREC member, I have e-mailed the RREC to ask:

1. May non-members purchase build sheets from the RREC ?

2. If not, would an RROC(Austalia) member be permitted to purchase them ?

3. If not, may a member purchase them using a non-member's credit card and postal address ?

RT.

David Gore

Post Number: 315
Posted on Friday, 01 October, 2004 - 03:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Good work Richard and thanks - it would be a great help if RROC[A] members were given this privilege.

Richard Treacy
Grand Master

Post Number: 373
Posted on Friday, 01 October, 2004 - 07:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Barbara replied as follows:

Dear Richard,

Yes, non-members can purchase the build histories.

Regards

Barbara

Jon Rothwell
Frequent User

Post Number: 11
Posted on Friday, 01 October, 2004 - 10:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks Richard,

I have now emailed Barbara again asking how I go about getting the build papers for our cars.

I'll keep everyone updated on my progress, thanks to everyone for the help.

regards

Jon

Mark Peacock
Prolific User
Username: takemehomejames

Post Number: 33
Posted on Tuesday, 05 October, 2004 - 10:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

sorry, jon, i was trying not to give barbara any unwanted spam. i forgot to mention to fill in the gaps. Hope your now successful with the papers.

Mark.

Jon Rothwell
Frequent User

Post Number: 13
Posted on Wednesday, 06 October, 2004 - 08:58 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

It's ok Mark, I saw the gaps and closed them.
I have sent back details of our cars now and hope to have the papers soon.

Regards

Jon

Jon Rothwell
Frequent User

Post Number: 14
Posted on Wednesday, 13 October, 2004 - 02:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Got both sets of build papers yesterday. Makes for good reading.

Thanks again everyone.