RR 363 MSDS/SDS and PDS Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Threads to 2015 » RR 363 MSDS/SDS and PDS « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 896
Posted on Tuesday, 15 July, 2014 - 11:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

For those who keep copies of Material Safety Data Sheets [now becoming simply Safety Data Sheets] and Product Data sheets, Castrol has very recently issued updates to both for RR363.

The Castrol website for searching for either or both of these sheets is: http://msdspds.castrol.com

The interesting thing is that you will get nothing if you search on RR363 without a space between the RR and 363. If you include a space you get what you're looking for. I learned this after writing to Castrol because I couldn't find anything when searching on RR363. The product code for RR363/RR 363 is 450597, and I imagine that will stay the same regardless of how they decide to punctuate the name.

What's even more interesting is that both sheets use the "RR 363" denotation in their titles. However, the MSDS continues using this denotation throughout while the PDS reverts to what had been the more common "RR363" in the body of the document.

Both documents have been updated during the 2014 calendar year.

Brian
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bob uk
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 94.197.122.89
Posted on Wednesday, 16 July, 2014 - 06:56 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I see what you mean about confusing headings

Two things to emphasize about dot fluids in general

Methalated spirits or alcohol

Any meths left in the system will lower the boil point

Flush only with dot ----3 or 4

To remove dot from paint work wash with water

Dot mixes completely with water and soapy water even better.

When rebuilding dot hydraulic bits OFF THE VEHICLE and disconnected from the system

I use soapy water to clean and blow off then a quick warm up with a hot air gun

When working with dot I always have a soapy sponge near by in case of accidents

Also I wash hands often so that I don't leave dot finger prints

If flushing because water or alcohol in system use dot and leave in system say overnight so that the dot has time to absorb the water or alcohol

(Message approved by david_gore)