Accumulator Control Valve (ACV) - Exp... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Threads to 2015 » Accumulator Control Valve (ACV) - Exploded View Photos « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 791
Posted on Thursday, 15 May, 2014 - 08:35 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

As it turns out, I'd already posted most of these photos in the thread entitled, , but they weren't annotated at that time.

I'm posting them again here because it helps to know what each of the parts is called and, as much as is possible, know where it goes when the valve is put back together. Everything in the main photo is lined up in order of how it gets dropped into the ACV main body, starting with the seating washer & adjusting washers on the left then working rightward. The piston & sealing ring as well as the non-return valve and spring go inside the bobbin itself.

I hope these photos prove helpful to those who are getting ready to dig into the ACV or who are already in there and are questioning the order of reassembly. The detail photos let you see the various parts "up close and personal."

Brian

ACV Parts Annotated
Seating & Adjusting Washers
Regulator Valve Spring
Regulator Valve Disc
Bobbin
Bobbin Innards
Sealing Plug with O-Ring Visible
End Parts and End Plug