Veneer Colour. Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Threads to 2015 » Veneer Colour. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mark Peacock
Frequent User
Username: takemehomejames

Post Number: 25
Posted on Thursday, 09 September, 2004 - 11:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Does anyone know of the correct colour of the interior veneer , on the early shadows. On My SShadow 2 its slighly darker on top and lighter on the sides. My reason is, ive just bought an early SShadow1 (1966) and the timbers are of a light golden colour & in need of work. Does anyone have any coloured pics of the woodwork.??

Peter Davidson
New User
Username: pedrotheswift

Post Number: 2
Posted on Friday, 10 September, 2004 - 08:20 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Mark,Every car i have looked at the veneer colour has been different.I beleive that the factory kepted samples from every car so in the event of a misshape etc repairs could be made.I wonder if this was true and do they still exist.Peter

Mark Peacock
Frequent User

Post Number: 26
Posted on Saturday, 11 September, 2004 - 09:52 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Peter, ive also heard of that myth. But,ive just had my SSH2 SRH31689 refinished in the same colour shades as it was from factory. It had a dark tint on top, then slightly lighter on the sides. But the SSH1 is alot lighter again, but all over.
I regards to the timbers been kept in storage, i asked Lindsay (wooden comforts) who refinished my timber work about that 'story' and he informed me that they skim the veneer from the tree similar to planeing a piece of wood.
It is very brittle stuff, and if let for a while,it would dry up, making it impossible to keep straight/flat..I would like to see where all this timber is stored...One of life's little mysterys i guess..

John Kilkenny
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 138.217.145.17
Posted on Sunday, 12 September, 2004 - 12:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Mark,
My early SS1 (SRH1405) had the dashboard refinished in 1992 and is close to the original golden colour, which seems similar to yours. I tried to attach a photo to this post but it was rejected. If you give me your e-mail address I will send it direct.
Regards,
John

(Message approved by admin)

Mark Peacock
Frequent User

Post Number: 27
Posted on Monday, 13 September, 2004 - 06:28 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks John ,
its djbartman@dodo.com.au
Mark.

Richard Treacy
Grand Master
Username: richard_treacy

Post Number: 350
Posted on Monday, 13 September, 2004 - 07:16 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

640x480 pixel, max 100kb, graphics will attach.

John Kilkenny
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 138.217.129.141
Posted on Wednesday, 15 September, 2004 - 11:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Richard,
I got this message back.
The image was 609x517 JPG 46KB
John

One or more of the images or attachments you uploaded exceeded the maximum allowable upload size (which is -1 kilobytes). These images or attachments have been removed from your post. If you would like to include images or attachments, upload new files after you make sure that the size is not greater than -1 kilobytes.

John, the maximum image dimensions that can be up loaded are:

Width: 640 pixels
Height: 480 pixels

In your case, the image failed to upload because the height of 517 pixels was just above the 480 maximum that can be accepted.

Unfortunately, we have to impose these constraints on image size to retain reasonable access times to posts for users with dial-up connections and to avoid excesive demands on our website data storage facilities.

(Message edited by david_gore on September 16, 2004)

(Message approved by david_gore)

Richard Treacy
Grand Master
Username: richard_treacy

Post Number: 353
Posted on Thursday, 16 September, 2004 - 11:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Preparing a Graphic for Uploading.

Using Microsoft Photo Editor, it goes like this.

Open the picture
From the toolbar, left click <<picture>> <<size>>, select pixels (not cm or inches), and adjust the size using the % box until neither the 640 nor 480 dimensions are exceeded.

Save the file, and look at its size.

If it is too big (>100kb), click <<File>> <<save as>>, click the "Properties" button (or "Details", or "Expanded", depending on your version) and slide the quality bar down until the saved file is less than 100kb.

Your file will then upload at a click.

If you wish to save someone's file or graphic from the Forum onto your own system, right click on it (or its icon in the case of an uploaded file) and save it by clicking <<save>> or <<save picture as>>.

RT.