Restrictor O Rings Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Threads to 2015 » Restrictor O Rings « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

David Lacey
Experienced User
Username: dlacey

Post Number: 18
Posted on Tuesday, 26 November, 2013 - 10:34 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

All,

Can anyone tell me the size of the O Rings in the Hydraulic Restrictors in the self leveling suspension for SRH4452?
I plan to service them at the weekend...just wanna have a seal ready in advance if possible.

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 685
Posted on Tuesday, 26 November, 2013 - 01:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

David,

Unfortunately the only thing I have fully documented as far as seals go in this area of the hydraulic system are those for the height control valve.

I would very much appreciate it if you would post either the outer diameter and cross section thickness or the AS568 dash size for any seals you remove and replace.

I will add that with relatively rare exceptions you can typically figure out the AS568 standard size using the existing seal, even if it has been slightly compressed from being in place for years.

Brian

Geoff Wootton
Grand Master
Username: dounraey

Post Number: 340
Posted on Wednesday, 27 November, 2013 - 03:08 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

David

I would like to emphasise the importance of measuring your replacement O-rings to make sure they conform to the AS568 standard. A 7/8" O-ring for example can in practice vary in actual size by as much as 20 thou either way, a fact I found out to my cost when I reconditioned my ACV's. The AS568 tables are published online and give the precise dimensions for the nominal sizes in which O-rings are sold. Even if you get your O-rings as part of a re-conditioning kit, please check their dimensions. Also, as you probably already know, the O-rings need to be EPDM.

Geoff

David Lacey
Experienced User
Username: dlacey

Post Number: 19
Posted on Wednesday, 04 December, 2013 - 04:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

All,

The restrictor orings are AS009, now the restictors are serviced & reassembled.

I also realised both my hydraulic pumps were leaking fluid onto the engine, so they got fixed too with 4 pieces of AS215.

Next up are the height control valves which i'll tackle over christmas.

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 691
Posted on Thursday, 05 December, 2013 - 12:57 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

David,

Thanks for that information on the restrictor valve O-rings as I hadn't yet had that documented. At this point I think I've got every seal in the system documented and, if not, very nearly all of them. I just added the restrictor valve o-ring info.

Brian