Dasboard Warning Lights Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Threads to 2015 » Dasboard Warning Lights « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Robert Gardner
New User
Username: bobg

Post Number: 10
Posted on Monday, 25 November, 2013 - 12:28 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

72 Shadow, LRA13020, None of the warning lights on the dash illuminate upon starting the car, however, they all light when pressing the test button, can anyone tell me why ? I would like to do an accumulator pressure test, but need to have everything in working order to do so
any help appreciated.
Bob.

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 682
Posted on Monday, 25 November, 2013 - 01:05 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I thought on the earlier cars this is precisely how it was supposed to work.

On both my two-series cars there exists no test button and the "light upon cranking" is supposed to take its place. That function is not perfectly consistent, either. On the Silver Wraith II it's close to 100% while the Shadow II is far less consistent.

If your pressure lights are illuminating with the test button that means that the lights are OK and they should illuminate at some point when you're doing the brake pedal test. If they do not then either your pressure switches have gone bad (most likely) or at some point the connection between the switches and warning lamps has been compromised somehow (less likely).

Brian

Robert Gardner
Experienced User
Username: bobg

Post Number: 11
Posted on Monday, 25 November, 2013 - 05:01 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks Brian.

gordon le feuvre
Experienced User
Username: triumph

Post Number: 23
Posted on Monday, 25 November, 2013 - 06:43 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

On cars without separate test button, the trick is to turn on ign.only (DO NOT start engine), select reverse/drive, hold key over to start position. This will illuminate lights for test purposes. The side lights can also be turned on/off to test dimming of fuel level light at night.