Washer motor Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Threads to 2015 » Washer motor « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mark Peacock
Frequent User
Username: takemehomejames

Post Number: 14
Posted on Thursday, 19 August, 2004 - 11:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Im trying to locate a replacement washer reservoir motor for the Shadow 2. Has anyone found a replacement motor that doesn't break the bank. I have 2 shadows with aftermarket (unsightly) reservoir and motor's. And would love to free up the engine bay a little and return back to the cobwebbed original unit !!

John Dare
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 144.138.194.110
Posted on Wednesday, 25 August, 2004 - 03:43 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear Mark, Not being able to locate an original for my 1970 Shadow, Robert Chapman recommended and fitted a universal/generic type resevoir (with pump) being a unit which he had trialled and proven. Although I tend to be fussy about appearances, I can say, that in my humble opinion (personal view only) this installation looks better and is even located more appropriately than the original one/s. And CHEAP too!. Perhaps Robert can assist you with something similar for your SS11?

Mark Peacock
Frequent User
Username: takemehomejames

Post Number: 17
Posted on Wednesday, 25 August, 2004 - 07:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks John. but i already have the "generic' unit under the bonnet. im after a replacement just to try and keep it looking original as poss.