Body Trim Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Threads to 2015 » Body Trim « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Chris Miller
Experienced User
Username: cjm51213

Post Number: 18
Posted on Friday, 23 August, 2013 - 07:26 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Folks,

I have a 1966 parts car and I am dismantling it -- carefully. It is sort of a zen experience; lots of patience.

The body trim runs midline from bow to stern and down the center of the hood. Removing these trim pieces from the doors was simple. The four corners are completely resistent at the extreme end and I dare not exert too much force, lest I damage the trim. Specifically, in all four cases, I can start at the nearest door and move to the bow or stern, depending, and all clips release except the very last one -- like it may be attached in some other fashion.

Does anybody have any experience with this? Are the extreme ends of the trim strips attached differently? How do I detach them?

Thanks for the help,

Chris.

Benoit Leus
Prolific User
Username: benoitleus

Post Number: 107
Posted on Friday, 23 August, 2013 - 03:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Chris,

all four ends are attached with small nuts. For the front you have to remove the indicator/sidelight or the headlamps to reach it.
For the rear ones, you can reach them by pulling aside the trim in the boot.

Benoit

Chris Miller
Experienced User
Username: cjm51213

Post Number: 19
Posted on Sunday, 25 August, 2013 - 02:30 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Benoit,

Thanks very much. This was exactly what I needed to know. I have removed all the lights and subsequently, the molding on the body as well.

Thanks for the help,

Chris.