Franken-Rolls... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Threads to 2015 » Franken-Rolls... « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Chris Miller
Experienced User
Username: cjm51213

Post Number: 17
Posted on Monday, 19 August, 2013 - 05:28 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Folks,

I have a 1971 and a 1972 Shadow. I am considering a 1966 for parts, which are primarily interior parts, like instruments, trim, and the like or exterior parts like hubcaps, bumpers, trim, lights and the like. Possibly some structural parts like hydraulic accumulators or valves.

It looks like the interior was significantly cosmetically changed between 1966 and 1971, but probably the instrumentation and such are the same parts. I'm considering internal parts like electrical parts will be the same.

Am I getting myself into trouble, or will most of these parts from 1966 work on 1971 and 1972? That is, if they are not obviously different, are they likely to be the same?

Thanks for the help,

Chris.

Hubert Kelly
Frequent User
Username: h_kelly

Post Number: 78
Posted on Monday, 19 August, 2013 - 06:57 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Chris, if the '66 car isn't origionally from the U.S.A., it might not have a gm400 box, it might had a dynamo, different power steering assist pump, may even have a smaller cc or hp engine. interior dash may be different, door cards may be different, wheel tyre size might be different due to narrower wheel arch. driver and passenger door have a small triangle window.
hk

Geoff Wootton
Grand Master
Username: dounraey

Post Number: 301
Posted on Monday, 19 August, 2013 - 07:56 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Chris

If you have not seen this webpage already, you may find it helpful.

http://www.rrsilvershadow.com/EMod/Chnr3.htm

Geoff