Screws,bolts and washers references Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Threads to 2015 » Screws,bolts and washers references « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Philippo Signore
Experienced User
Username: signore

Post Number: 24
Posted on Sunday, 04 August, 2013 - 01:51 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear sirs,

Has anybody a list with for each RR order number, the size of the bolts,screws and washers??
On the spare parts list, you do not have thoss informations.
I am restoring a SS1 from 1976 (SRH 25477)..

Many thanks in advance

Philippo

Jan Forrest
Grand Master
Username: got_one

Post Number: 496
Posted on Monday, 05 August, 2013 - 11:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The fastenings you are enquiring about are standard ones so there is no need for an official order number for any of them. If you refer to the "Torque and Tightening Specifications" in the manual you will be able to source the ones you need for a fraction of the price from any reputable faster suppliers. If you have any doubt about the precise specifications of each, then simply check the given torque setting to indicate the grade of fastener required. Washers should be replaced with the same type as were removed. eg. copper or annealed aluminimum (aluminum in Yank) for the engine and gearbox sump plug washers, etc.

Philippo Signore
Experienced User

Post Number: 25
Posted on Tuesday, 06 August, 2013 - 04:34 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear Jan,

A lot of thanks for your answer, but perhaps my question was not so clear..
I would like to found the right screw,washer,bolts when i check the RR referencfes in the official spare parts catalog .
For me in Belgium, those UNF bolts are not at all a standard..We work on metric measures.
As for example, i dismantled completely my rear suspension,sand blast everything and paint...
Now, i want to put back in place everything but
for each RR reference, you only have a standard description , the number of items used under this number ..and that's all..
My idea was to have an excel sheet with RR reference,lenght,size,diameter,type of washer,etc...
Do you think that such table exists.????

Best regards

Philippo

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 567
Posted on Tuesday, 06 August, 2013 - 05:33 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Philippo,

You will not likely find the reference you seek, although Jan has already pointed out that the essential equivalent exists by combining the information in the Spare Parts Manual with that in the torque tightening figures chapter of the Workshop Manual.

Look at Chapter P - Torque Tightening Figures and the majority of what you're looking for can be found in the longest section of the chapter, Torque Tightening for Special Parts. All "special parts" means in this context is that the given fastener is being tightened to a different figure than that given in the very short Torque Tightening for Standard Parts section that precedes it.

It's fairly easy to make the connection between the respective part numbers in the Spare Parts Manual and the actual item that they are in Chapter P, since the tables in that chapter describe what use each fastener is being put to.

Brian, who knows all about creating references one wished one had when they didn't exist to begin with

Leho Proos
Experienced User
Username: lehoproos

Post Number: 28
Posted on Wednesday, 07 August, 2013 - 03:41 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Philippo
I don't know if this will be of any use for a Shadow, however -
The SC1 Spare Parts Manual (TSD547) has in Section T a listing of standard parts (bolts , nuts, etc) used until the Clouds.
This is available from the Technical Library.
Leho

Philippo Signore
Experienced User

Post Number: 26
Posted on Saturday, 10 August, 2013 - 08:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear Paul,Brian and Leho,

Sorry for the response delay but i'd like to thanks you all for your expertise in my problem and your kindness..
I hope to have you back on line for other questions

Best of regards

Philippo