Oil Pressure gauge sender Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Threads to 2015 » Oil Pressure gauge sender « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Rodney Peach
Frequent User
Username: rodney

Post Number: 63
Posted on Wednesday, 10 July, 2013 - 07:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello All,
I have a problem now and again the oil pressure stays at 0 then if you which off and go back later the needle rises ! oil light goes out straight away! it must be the sender correct? can we use from another model say jaguar ? only they seem to be expensive or do we have to put the recommeded in for a shadow II 1977

Regards
To All Rodney

Bob Reynolds
Experienced User
Username: bobreynolds

Post Number: 50
Posted on Wednesday, 10 July, 2013 - 08:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Try tapping the guage to see if the needle is sticking.

Benoit Leus
Frequent User
Username: benoitleus

Post Number: 89
Posted on Wednesday, 10 July, 2013 - 08:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Rodney,

it will probably be the sender itself.
I used one from a Jaguar as it is the same one used by Rolls Royce.
Just unscrew the old one and quickly screw in the new one (otherwise oil will pour out).

Benoit

Rodney Peach
Frequent User

Post Number: 64
Posted on Thursday, 11 July, 2013 - 03:50 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello Bob and Benoit,
Yes it could be the sender as the needle moves up very little and goes down a little then it goes up after a while! for which jaguar will it be ok to buy one ?

Regards
Rodney

Benoit Leus
Frequent User
Username: benoitleus

Post Number: 90
Posted on Thursday, 11 July, 2013 - 04:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

It's been a few years since I bought one, but I believe it was the same item as in the Jaguar Mk2 3.4 and 3.8.

Benoit

Geoff Wootton
Prolific User
Username: dounraey

Post Number: 258
Posted on Friday, 12 July, 2013 - 01:28 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Rodney

You may also try looking at the 1982-86 XJ6/Vandem Plas. I mention this as the fuel level float is the same as this model year. Maybe the oil sender unit is the same also.

http://www.partsgeek.com/xlllp1w-jaguar-vanden-plas-fuel-level-float.html?utm_source=pricegrabber&utm_medium=pf&utm_content=wc&utm_campaign=PartsGeek+Pricegrabber&fp=pp&utm_term=1982-1987+Jaguar+Vanden+Plas+Fuel+Level+Float+-+Original+Equipment

Geoff

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 522
Posted on Friday, 12 July, 2013 - 01:45 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Rodney,

Also see the information just past the middle of the Rolls-Royce and Bentley Substitute Parts webpage.

If someone has an original series Shadow they'd have to check the parts manual to see if the same sender was used throughout the SY series, or if it changed for the "two series" and later cars.

Brian

Rodney Peach
Frequent User

Post Number: 65
Posted on Sunday, 14 July, 2013 - 03:08 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi All ,
Ok will look into Jaguar sender ! thanks for help

Regards
to All Rodney