Air Conditioning Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Threads to 2015 » Air Conditioning « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Kevin Lagden
Frequent User
Username: kevin

Post Number: 87
Posted on Saturday, 22 June, 2013 - 08:47 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

If I wanted to replace the heater tap in my Shadow SRH 19305 would it be necessary to remove all the surrounding hardware such as Brake Fluid reservoir. Only Im told it is, but it seems perfectly accessible.
I had the heater box off to take a look at the control rods and levers, put the upper heat control knob to full and turned on the ignition. The left hand control rods moves continuously (temp) but the right one (quantity) does not move.
I cant turn off the air con at present, so have a constant flow of freezing air, which is not good for one's knuckles.
I'm still learning so be gentle!

John Grieve
New User
Username: john116

Post Number: 7
Posted on Saturday, 22 June, 2013 - 11:04 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The RR manual for the Series I Silver Shadow would seem to indicate that no other dismantling is necessary. Of course, it's not always right.

Removal instructions here: http://stkarchive.info/rrtap.jpg

Kevin Lagden
Frequent User
Username: kevin

Post Number: 88
Posted on Saturday, 22 June, 2013 - 01:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks John

Yes I read that also, but just wanted to check it out with other enthusiasts before I try it out.

Seems OK as long as you have dainty fingers I guess

John Grieve
New User
Username: john116

Post Number: 8
Posted on Saturday, 22 June, 2013 - 09:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

OK. I think most Rolls Royce repair requires dextrous, dainty and diligent hands/fingers.

Chris Browne
Prolific User
Username: chrisb

Post Number: 113
Posted on Sunday, 23 June, 2013 - 02:54 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear all,

I have heard a rumour that the best people to work on Rolls-Royces are qualified gynaecologists but there never seems to be one around when you need one!

Kind regards,

Chris

bobuk
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 94.197.127.233
Posted on Saturday, 22 June, 2013 - 11:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The heater tap can be removed.

Fiddley

brake tank leave alone

The tap internal alike to Truimph TR6 and other BMC car

Diaphram damage ?

(Message approved by david_gore)

Bill Coburn
Username: bill_coburn

Post Number: 1513
Posted on Sunday, 23 June, 2013 - 10:03 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Actually Chris I beg to differ. I look after a gynaecologist's car and the only time he will work on it is when it is running. He has pointed out that he is indeed a gynaecologist NOT a mortician.