Pierburg Fuel Pump Alternative(s)... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Threads to 2015 » Pierburg Fuel Pump Alternative(s) « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 415
Posted on Friday, 07 June, 2013 - 04:27 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

LRK37110 is equipped with the Pierburg rotary vane fuel pump and it's still working perfectly.

However, there's bound to come a day when it will not. It's my understanding that these pumps are no longer available. I'm just wondering what pump(s) have been successfully used to replace the Pierburg if/when it finally stops working?

Brian

James Kennedy
New User
Username: james_kennedy

Post Number: 3
Posted on Friday, 07 June, 2013 - 06:58 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Brian

I'm just replacing my pierburg pump on my camargue.
After a lot of research I found that a facet pump will fit. Don't go to the main parts dealers ... They wanted £300..Gould a place in UK called Weldon they quoted £85 you will find them on the net.

James

Nigel Johnson
Prolific User
Username: nigel_johnson

Post Number: 118
Posted on Friday, 07 June, 2013 - 07:55 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Yes, Facet Red Top. Carbs up to 220BHP.

Regards, Nigel.

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 416
Posted on Friday, 07 June, 2013 - 08:26 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thank you Nigel & James.

If anyone knows of other alternatives, please share. Having more than one option is always handy in case an old standby becomes made of unobtainium.

Brian