LRK37110 mobile under her own power!! Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Threads to 2015 » LRK37110 mobile under her own power!! « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 398
Posted on Thursday, 30 May, 2013 - 08:23 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

For the first time since I took custody in January 2012, LRK37110 graced the roads under her own power!! This is a major step forward and she's now at the local exhaust shop awaiting an estimate. This is a job I simply don't feel up to doing.

More questions in another more appropriately titled thread.

Brian

Randy Roberson
Prolific User
Username: wascator

Post Number: 128
Posted on Sunday, 02 June, 2013 - 02:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Most excellent! That is quite a payoff, the first time you get one to actually function on the road.
I allowed a 1986 Jaguar to follow me home recently, on the hook. When I got it to run, it was great. When I got it on the road, it was a great feeling.
Now, when I get it to run right, it will be great. When I get cold air to come out the dash vents, another great day. When I get it to look right... And on it goes.
Oh, no! I just realized: I have two British cars now; can bankruptcy be far in the future??

Brian Vogel
Grand Master
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 402
Posted on Sunday, 02 June, 2013 - 10:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Randy,

Since your two are an 80s vintage Jaguar and a 70s vintage Rolls-Royce the answer to your question is: No.

Sorry I couldn't return your kind words of encouragement, which are appreciated!!

Brian, close to bankruptcy myself