No Ignition Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Threads to 2015 » No Ignition « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

John Wright
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 81.149.255.85
Posted on Sunday, 14 April, 2013 - 01:14 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I have a 1978 Silver Shadow II. Connected the battery, turn key in ignition and nothing, no warning lights... just dead.
Electric windows work as does the hazard flashers. Selector in park position. Please help

(Message approved by david_gore)

David Michael Leedy
Experienced User
Username: dleedy

Post Number: 22
Posted on Sunday, 14 April, 2013 - 08:34 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I had the same thing happen to me with my 75 shadow. Try putting it in neutral and turn the key. I have to do that sometimes but starts right up. I hope this works for you

Regards.

Paul Yorke
Grand Master
Username: paul_yorke

Post Number: 995
Posted on Sunday, 14 April, 2013 - 08:40 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

check fuses .

does amp netter move when you put headlanps on?

Bill Coburn
Username: bill_coburn

Post Number: 1504
Posted on Sunday, 14 April, 2013 - 11:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Remember there are two isolator switches in the gear selector head and they are wearing out. Usually the 'P' one goes first and you can only operate the starter in 'N'. Easiest test is to hold the key at 'START' and move the gear selector around carefully applying a little downward pressure parallel with the steering column. If the problem is there you will hear the starter clunk!

Paul Yorke
Grand Master
Username: paul_yorke

Post Number: 996
Posted on Monday, 15 April, 2013 - 04:33 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

If it was just not cranking it may be further 'downstream', but getting no warning lights etc suggests between the input of the fuses to the ignition switch or just after to me?

Colin Silver
Prolific User
Username: colsilver

Post Number: 146
Posted on Monday, 15 April, 2013 - 08:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thought a RR just 'failed to proceed' - not refusing to start.