Paint chips Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Threads to 2015 » Paint chips « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Peter T H DAVIDSON
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 203.220.157.155
Posted on Thursday, 29 July, 2004 - 01:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I have a shadow srh20280 that has several paint chips.It has 2 tone paint,moorland green over iceland green.The paint no on the plate on the bonnet are upper 9510371,lower 9510371.Any idears on were i could get some touch up paint.I suppose i really need the current numbers of the paint and visit the local panelbeater.

Richard Treacy
Grand Master
Username: richard_treacy

Post Number: 252
Posted on Thursday, 29 July, 2004 - 04:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Have a look at this posting from last week for the colour charts and cross references.

http://au.rrforums.net/forum/messages/17001/1308.html?1090628644

Any paint shop will gladly mix your touch-up paint for you if you give them these numbers.

Try a Dulux automotive paint outlet for a start. Even most larger Holden spares centres will mix paint for you from the codes.

By the way, please check your codes again. You have listed 9510371 twice. That colour is called Pewter, L68ZV001 by Inmont Paints (read BASF of the USA). It is most likely that your car started as a single-tone Pewter and has since been repainted. Very few Shadows around then were originally two tone. If the paint colours are R-R colours, the reference chart will suffice anyhow.

Peter T H DAVIDSON
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 203.220.156.85
Posted on Friday, 30 July, 2004 - 09:37 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Richard,yes made a mistake with one digit.
The numbers are upper 9510370
lower 9510371.Car was repainted some years ago.If the colour was changed then it is a good job as i can find no part that was missed in the work
Will have a look at the posting and go from there. Thank you Peter .

Mark Peacock
New User
Username: takemehomejames

Post Number: 5
Posted on Thursday, 05 August, 2004 - 08:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Peter,

Ive found that most professional paint shops will mix you some touch-up paint to the right code, then tint to accomodate paint fade.
I just had the same done for my "james" ,cause i found the original (unfaded) code matched paint stood out more than the chips your trying to hide.. If your in Sydney i can recommend the guy i used... Mark

pedro
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 203.220.157.13
Posted on Wednesday, 18 August, 2004 - 08:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Mark.
Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you.
I live in country nsw but get down to the big smoke often so any info re your guy would be much apreciated.Peter

John Dare
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 144.138.194.59
Posted on Wednesday, 18 August, 2004 - 09:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Ive just picked up this thread. FORGET Mumbo Jumbo approaches that make like you are building the Brooklyn bridge all over again. Get the codes if you can, OR simply "cut to the chase" by telling your paintman what you BELIEVE the color to be "known" i.e Sand/Silver Chalice/or Seychelles Blue, as once described by a "R-R world authority" as SEA SHELLS Blue ("She sells sea shells" etc.) THEN send him (the paintman)your fuel filler door "flap" in confirmation. I have R-R produced/issued paint sample "swatches" (ex Geneva I do believe) and will attempt to assist with I.D of your present or proposed color/s if you so wish.

Mark Peacock
Frequent User

Post Number: 23
Posted on Monday, 06 September, 2004 - 08:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Pedro, next time your down in the 'big smoke' drop me a line dbartman@dodo.com.au and i will take you out to meet my friend Roy. Unofficially the best 2pack painter in Sydney. (many trophies to back-up my claim).

John, in regards to the filler cap. It has to be the least faded part of any car. And i have previously used this "trade myth" to shocking results. The Bonnet/roof, is the most faded panel on any car. So improper tinting stands out like a sore thumb !

Bill Coburn
Grand Master
Username: bill_coburn

Post Number: 252
Posted on Wednesday, 08 September, 2004 - 08:08 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Mark

Once again I have tried to contact you in search of a metric speedo for the Spur and once again I have failed. The above address simply bounced returning the following message

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at gizmo12bw.bigpond.com. I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses. This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

<dbartman@dodo.com.au>:
203.220.32.145 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 550 unrouteable address
Giving up on 203.220.32.145.

Mysteriouser and mysteriouser!

Mark Peacock
Frequent User

Post Number: 24
Posted on Thursday, 09 September, 2004 - 11:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

sorry bill, my address is djbartman@dodo.com.au .
I forgot the j. Also, ive emailed you at gismo...

Mark.

Peter Davidson
Yet to post message
Username: pedrotheswift

Post Number: 1
Posted on Friday, 10 September, 2004 - 08:08 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Mark,thank you for the help,will contact soon.The car ,srh20280,was repainted some years ago,buy whom is a mystery to me.It was a good job but the more i look the more stone chips that i find.Peter