Brake/Hydraulic Reservoir Screws - Wh... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Threads to 2015 » Brake/Hydraulic Reservoir Screws - What Size? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Brian Vogel
Prolific User
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 234
Posted on Thursday, 07 February, 2013 - 12:43 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello All,

I did a search, but reading through the most logical results didn't turn up what I was hoping for.

Somehow, don't ask me how, I managed to misplace three of the cheesehead screws that hold the reservoir cover on. The nuts are still in the ziplock bag, but not the screws.

I know that these screws are some sort of British pre-SAE size and thread, but haven't come upon what that size and thread is. Does anyone happen to know the answer?

Brian, who knows the thread is mighty close to, if not identical to, #10-32 machine screws and that the length is 3/8"

Nigel Johnson
Prolific User
Username: nigel_johnson

Post Number: 113
Posted on Thursday, 07 February, 2013 - 12:54 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Brian, the screws are 2BA.
Regards, Nigel.

Brian Vogel
Prolific User
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 236
Posted on Thursday, 07 February, 2013 - 01:44 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Nigel,

Thanks a bunch. This makes them "orderable" if my friend with a parts car doesn't have a few lying around he's willing to toss my way.

Brian

Timothy North
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 86.157.147.185
Posted on Wednesday, 20 February, 2013 - 01:37 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Further to this thread and Bill Coburn's latest missive on cleaning out these tanks: I have just ordered some cheesehead 2BA screws and 3BA csk x 3/8" socket head screws (as req for the sight glass plates)from West Bromwich Fasteners in Birmingham: sales@wbfast.co.uk tel. 01215206050. Not wishing to undermine the likes of Flying Spares et al this is better than £6.00 each. As of this afternoon WBF said their stock list is showing 320 of the 3BA csk screws.I have no connection with this firm other than as a satisfied customer.

(Message approved by david_gore)

Jeffrey McCarthy
Grand Master
Username: jefmac2003

Post Number: 377
Posted on Wednesday, 20 February, 2013 - 01:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

And while we're on the subject - is there any reason why one shouldn't use stainless steel screws in this location - apart from perhaps originality?

The screws on all the cars I've seen appear to have gone rusty or been corroded no matter what the state of the reservoir