72 Shadow Interior Lights Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Threads to 2015 » 72 Shadow Interior Lights « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Robert Gardner
Yet to post message
Username: bobg

Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, 06 February, 2013 - 08:41 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I have neither interior or door lights that are operational. No driver overhead light when Switch pulled outwards.

Vanity lights do work via switches.

Very poor at reading wiring diagrams as well.

Need assistance in the correct steps for troubleshooting this.

Have found several threads on the RROC USA Forums on what to do if lights are continually on, my problem is just the opposite..any help would be most welcome.

This is my first contribution to this forum with many more to follow, I'm sure.
Thanks, Bob

Jan Forrest
Grand Master
Username: got_one

Post Number: 447
Posted on Wednesday, 06 February, 2013 - 08:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The tiny door switches will most likely have corroded by now. If you're very lucky you might be able to clean them up enough for them to work again, but they are very delicate and it's all too easy to damage them beyond repair.

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master
Username: omar

Post Number: 319
Posted on Wednesday, 06 February, 2013 - 10:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

check the fuse.

Brian Vogel
Prolific User
Username: guyslp

Post Number: 235
Posted on Thursday, 07 February, 2013 - 01:30 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Bob,

I'll second both Jan's and Omar's recommendations, but will also ask if you've checked whether the various bulbs themselves are still OK?

I found that a number of bulbs in both my cars had either burned out or had their filaments broken by being jostled.

I think I posted photographs on the RROC-US forums when I was working on a dead door switch on the SW-II. If not, let me know and I'll see if I took any documentary photos. I tend to take these whether they ever see the light of day for others or not. When I'm faced with the same task later it saves me having to go through the "figuring it all out from scratch" process again.

Brian

Bob Gardner
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 74.8.35.146
Posted on Thursday, 07 February, 2013 - 01:13 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I don't think it is the fuse, as I have power at one Cigar Lighter on rear door, also have power to Boot Lamp.

I did disconnect the Driver Door Switch because the buzzer would not go off, the buzzer sounds if I touch the two wires together.

Had no interior lights prior to dismanteling the switch.

(Message approved by david_gore)