Slow Window Motors Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Threads to 2015 » Slow Window Motors « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mark Peacock
New User
Username: takemehomejames

Post Number: 3
Posted on Saturday, 24 July, 2004 - 07:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Does anyone have the solution to extremely slow window motors to help my (james) SRH 31689. Ive heard of a relay (in-line) but am unsure.....Is there a diagram of such a mod.. Mark...

Martin Taylor
Prolific User
Username: martin_taylor

Post Number: 36
Posted on Saturday, 24 July, 2004 - 10:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

If it were the relay the window would not move at all. Each window mechanism has a solenoid brake to stop it when not in motion, one became open circuit on my passenger window. I removed the brake from the mechanism and ground the housing to open it and was able to rewind it.

William H. Trovinger II
Grand Master
Username: bill_trovinger

Post Number: 127
Posted on Saturday, 24 July, 2004 - 11:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Mark;

Yes, there is a fix using relays for this problem, Richard Treacy was the one that came up with it. If you send me your email (whtrovinger@yahoo.com) I can send you a copy.

Regards,
Bill

Mark Peacock
New User

Post Number: 4
Posted on Thursday, 05 August, 2004 - 07:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Martin,

Thanks for the info on the solenoid brake. I think it's only a lack of volts to the motor due to old wiring/ voltage drop etc.

Bill,

ive sent you an email... Thanks

Mark Peacock
Experienced User

Post Number: 10
Posted on Saturday, 14 August, 2004 - 11:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

A follow up to my troubled window problem. I found that the earth return via the safety relay (on US & Aus)was faulty. I manage to disrupt its return from the door switch (inside the door)to these units (in the fuse box)and earth them on the door, this has made them much quicker to use. Incidently, all other Shadows from around the world are done in the same way (without the safety relay).