Direction Indicaters SS1 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Threads to 2015 » Direction Indicaters SS1 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

richard george yeaman
Experienced User
Username: richyrich

Post Number: 25
Posted on Saturday, 26 May, 2012 - 05:51 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

My indicaters when they are switched on they dont click on off on off they just stay on, My other problem is wiper switch always works in fast setting sometimes works in slow setting and never works in intermittent setting, Any help would be much appreciated many thanks in advance.

Regards.

Richard.

Omar M. Shams
Prolific User
Username: omar

Post Number: 250
Posted on Saturday, 26 May, 2012 - 06:04 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear Richard,
Replace the flasher unit and see if that makes a difference. In the Shadow IIs its near the fuses. I think it may also be near the fuses on the Shadow 1 too but I cant remember for sure now.
Thnaks
Omar

Jeffrey McCarthy
Prolific User
Username: jefmac2003

Post Number: 298
Posted on Saturday, 26 May, 2012 - 07:22 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The indicator flasher unit on the SS1 is on the fuse board. On mine (1974) it is a 2 pin round metal canister on the top left of the fuseboard.

richard george yeaman
Experienced User

Post Number: 26
Posted on Saturday, 26 May, 2012 - 08:20 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Omar
Jeff
Thank you I will have a look tomorrow.

Regards.

Richard.

richard george yeaman
Experienced User

Post Number: 27
Posted on Saturday, 26 May, 2012 - 10:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Guys

Bought a new flasher unit on e bay £3.95 plus £1 p&p

Regards.

Richard.

Colin Silver
Prolific User
Username: colsilver

Post Number: 140
Posted on Saturday, 23 June, 2012 - 12:21 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Richard

Did a new flasher can solve your problem?

richard george yeaman
Experienced User

Post Number: 39
Posted on Saturday, 23 June, 2012 - 01:16 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Colin.

When i fitted the new one the left side worked the right hand side didnt, because i now had a spare one i took the cover of the old one and adjusted the little metal spike a bit refitted the old one and it is working perfectly, I now have a spare one, My spare one was supplied by OLD CAR PARTS Ltd. open 2-10pm daily 01926-620261. EMAIL; jane@puddleduckparts.com hope this is of some help to you.

Regards.

Richard.