Remote Central Locking - Fobs & Contr... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Threads to 2015 » Remote Central Locking - Fobs & Controllers « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jeffrey McCarthy
Prolific User
Username: jefmac2003

Post Number: 295
Posted on Monday, 21 May, 2012 - 07:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I am in the process of retrofitting remote cental locking to SRH20280.

I have a pair of new unprogrammed fobs (see photos)and am trying to find out which model controller matches them; or at least what period car they match. I'm assuming it's at least Spirit or later.

Perhaps this thread can accumulate information about the various iterations of R.C.L. installed on our cars.

Richard Treacy
Grand Master
Username: richard_treacy

Post Number: 2522
Posted on Tuesday, 22 May, 2012 - 03:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

A master locksmith can solve that in a jiffy. For example, in Canberra, Class Locksmiths in Kembla St Fyshwick http://www.classlocks.com.au can alter, replace or repair remote controls.

By the way, they stock key blanks for all postwar Crewe cars until 1992: main, valet and wheel locks.

RT.

Jeffrey McCarthy
Prolific User
Username: jefmac2003

Post Number: 296
Posted on Tuesday, 22 May, 2012 - 03:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks for that Richard. It may be that these fobs belong to a system which is also attached to an alarm system. If I find out I'll post the information.

After talking to Garrath I'm going to go for a separate dedicated keyless remote central locking system- any security devices I'd rather wire separately on the basis that it's then an easier (and cheaper) fix if either of the sytems fail.

I'll leave these 2 fobs (and a single button type including controller etc.- see photo) with Garrath in case anyone is ever looking to replace a lost one.

This single button Sigma was installed as an aftermarket retrofit alarm/keyless system on some Spirits and Shadows in Australia during the '90s. It was also standard on the Subaru of the period.