Blowers still dead...banging my head ... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Threads to 2015 » Blowers still dead...banging my head against the wall on this one.. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

A.R. Greenberg
New User
Username: bergxu

Post Number: 2
Posted on Tuesday, 03 April, 2012 - 04:19 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Guys;

The blowers on my '77 SSII are inoperable. I've been combing through the electrical wiring diagrams for days now, but they're not terribly conclusive in some aspects such as on the fault finding flow charts. I was wondering if someone here may be able to shed some light on the "chain of command" i.e. when I turn the ACU knob to LOW, for instance, what is the next component in the system to get the signal and so on and so forth?

Would be a huge help if someone can clarify as I'd like to try to get my blowers operable before summer comes.

Regards,
Aaron

Omar M. Shams
Prolific User
Username: omar

Post Number: 237
Posted on Tuesday, 03 April, 2012 - 04:58 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

There is a relay and a single fuse near the bulkhead in the engine compartment on the passenger side (for LHD Cars) that you will need to look at. I have been caught out by both these items in the past giving zero blower output.
Good luck
Omar

A.R. Greenberg
New User
Username: bergxu

Post Number: 3
Posted on Tuesday, 03 April, 2012 - 05:00 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Omar,

Thanks. I checked that baby long ago ;) it's fine. The way to know right away is that the same fuse also is for the fuel filler flap release.

cheers,
Aaron