Warning light test circuit 1975 Shado... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Threads to 2015 » Warning light test circuit 1975 Shadow UK spec « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mark Aldridge
Frequent User
Username: mark_aldridge

Post Number: 67
Posted on Monday, 05 March, 2012 - 05:58 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The warning light test on startup appears to have failed, at least intermittently. turning the key to stat position made the warning lights work once in 10 attempts!I assume there is a relay for this looking at the wiring diagram and that this relay is a single pole changeover.I also assume that it is situated under the dash top. How does this come off,and any advice greatfully received.( I think it has caught a disease from the Bentley 8 alternator last week!!)
Thanks Mark

Jeff Young
Frequent User
Username: jeyjey

Post Number: 70
Posted on Monday, 05 March, 2012 - 07:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

1975 a I or a II?

On the II, you need to remove the wooden dash (the piece to the outside of the glovebox comes off by unscrewing the switch bezel and a screw at the bottom accessible by lowering the fuse panel). Then you can get to the 3 or 4 screws holding the top roll on. The relay is on a board (along with the coolant & ice warning amps) in the centre of the dash. There are a bunch of diodes on it which could probably use replacing while you're in there....

I believe the I is somewhat different in this area, but I'm not familiar with it.

Cheers,
Jeff.

Jan Forrest
Grand Master
Username: got_one

Post Number: 314
Posted on Monday, 05 March, 2012 - 09:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

RSH 24518 is a 1976 Shadow 1. In her there are banks of relays lurking in the centre console behind the radio. Whether this one is among them I couldn't say.

Mark Aldridge
Frequent User
Username: mark_aldridge

Post Number: 68
Posted on Monday, 05 March, 2012 - 11:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks Guys,My 1975 Shadow is a Shadow1.
Mark