Pressure Pipe Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Threads to 2015 » Pressure Pipe « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mujahid Khan
New User
Username: anjumkha

Post Number: 3
Posted on Saturday, 05 June, 2004 - 04:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Gentlemen:
1977 SSII
When I was removing the pressure line #1, from brake pump to the Sphere valve,I damaged the line.

Is it OK to replace the line with a generic 1/4" line, Or do I need a special line?

By the way, the removal of the valve/sphere was not difficult. Ralph Curzon, www.Hypenrepairsinc.com from Canada, taught me neat trick on the phone: Use a soft hammer to saperate the valve from the sphere -It worked the first time.

Thanks in advance

M Khan

Charlie Jagneaux
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 68.212.37.39
Posted on Wednesday, 29 December, 2004 - 11:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

SRX (1970 Shadow)

I twisted off the connector on the pressure line from the front hydraulic pump to the sphere valve also. I went to a shop specializing in brake repair and had a high pressure braided line made up for $29.00 US. I removed the old hard line from the car with a hacksaw and easily installed the braided line which is very flexible. I will replace every hard line when they fail with flexible braided lines.

Does anyone see a problem?

whunter
Grand Master
Username: whunter

Post Number: 131
Posted on Thursday, 30 December, 2004 - 12:21 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello Mujahid Khan
Is this the shop you refer to?
http://www.hyphenrepairsinc.com/parts.htm

Charlie Jagneaux
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 68.212.37.200
Posted on Sunday, 02 January, 2005 - 08:27 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I live in the US (Louisiana) and it was a local shop specializing in repairing brake systems and power steeing systems. I am sure any semi sophisticated brake shop could make up any lines you need.