ELECTRIC RADIATOR FAN --SHADOW SRH1774 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Threads to 2015 » ELECTRIC RADIATOR FAN --SHADOW SRH1774 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Guy Boldon
Experienced User
Username: guy_boldon

Post Number: 19
Posted on Friday, 15 July, 2011 - 12:14 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I spent all day last Saturday trying to install a Kenlowe fan for additional cooling. It was tough. We had to remove the radiator and all its constituent parts etc., the bonnet etc. We installed the fan at the front of the A/C condensor matrix. Unfortunately, after to-ing and fro-ing the parts around the little space all day we just couldn't get the fan the run because the fan motor was touching the ribs on the front grille. PLEASE anyone, some help???

Richard Treacy
Grand Master
Username: richard_treacy

Post Number: 2361
Posted on Friday, 15 July, 2011 - 12:24 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Why on earth do you need more cooling on a 1974 Silver Shadow ? There has never been a cooling issue with these cars. Er, global warming I guess.

Robert Howlett
New User
Username: bobhowlett

Post Number: 7
Posted on Friday, 15 July, 2011 - 05:11 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I had the same concerns when i bought my SRH13249 because i live in central Queensland.I also tried to install a thermo fan with out any luck I just couldn't find one thin enough .But after reading this forum and learning that under bonnet temp's are high giving the impression that she is running hot. I convinced myself that it wasn't needed. the fluid capacity is large eg.oil,water. Maybe most it will do is help the air-con but I'm not sure about that too.I just made sure the cooling system is in tip-top condition radiator, thermostat, hoses etc Cheers

Bill Coburn
Username: bill_coburn

Post Number: 1308
Posted on Friday, 15 July, 2011 - 09:48 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

RA Chapman in Melbourne has a scheme for fitting additional fans to Shadows.

David Thomas
Experienced User
Username: davidthomas

Post Number: 17
Posted on Friday, 15 July, 2011 - 11:15 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Good comment Bill. Robert Chapman here in Melbourne very successfully fitted one to my '75 Shadow.

Guy Boldon
Experienced User
Username: guy_boldon

Post Number: 20
Posted on Friday, 15 July, 2011 - 12:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

.....and where can I find the goodly gentleman???

Stefan Morley
Prolific User
Username: myupctoys

Post Number: 280
Posted on Friday, 15 July, 2011 - 12:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Guy,

http://www.rachapmanautomotive.com.au/

Stefan

Bill Coburn
Username: bill_coburn

Post Number: 1309
Posted on Friday, 15 July, 2011 - 01:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Guy/ I apologise. I had forgotten your name and the system does not warn of overseas members/owners. On the other hand you could ship the car to him - perhaps not!!! Let me know personally if you need more Cheers