Emision control system Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Threads to 2015 » Emision control system « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

arvid kristiansen
Yet to post message
Username: arvid

Post Number: 1
Posted on Friday, 08 July, 2011 - 05:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The air compressor on my shadow 2 has stoped working. Im thinking of removing the hole emision control system. Has anyone done this? What do I need to do?

Richard Treacy
Grand Master
Username: richard_treacy

Post Number: 2358
Posted on Friday, 08 July, 2011 - 06:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

You can disconnect the belt on the air pump and leave it at that unless your motor registry prohibits it. It looks ugly, so it is nice to remove and blank off the plumbing and the pump itself if you can be bothered.

Again, subject to local regulations, you can go much further, increasing power, driveability and fuel economy as a side benefit. In fact, the ACT authorities quietly encourage that.

Then again, if you have a Silver Shadow II with 7.3:1 compression it will not resopond as well as an 8:1, or especially the gutsy earlier 9:1 6750cc cars with the bigger SUs. The very late carburettor cars became quite sick from all the restrictions.

RT.

arvid kristiansen
New User
Username: arvid

Post Number: 2
Posted on Monday, 11 July, 2011 - 06:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Im thinking of removing the pump and all "the works". Im not sure what motor is in the car. The car is a 1978 mod. SRG 33851.
I have orderd plugs to plug off at the manifoils.
Will i have to retune the carbs?

AK