Remove doors panel Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Threads to 2015 » Remove doors panel « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Serge PONTES
Frequent User
Username: serrgio

Post Number: 15
Posted on Saturday, 17 April, 2004 - 07:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi everybody...
that's me again with problems...even I had the CD workbooks, I can't find how to remove a door panel to check glass switch and connection on the rear passager door, and to repear the lock on my driver's door.
thanks for the proceeding and schemas are welcomme..
by
serge

Richard Treacy
Grand Master
Username: richard_treacy

Post Number: 152
Posted on Saturday, 17 April, 2004 - 11:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Serge,

Prize of the metal covers on the window lift switch and the door handle with a fine screwdriver, carefully around the circumference evenly. These are the little covers within the outer surround, covering the rocker switches and behind the door handle itself. Then remove the outer surround retaining screws which have been exposed by removing the covers, and remove the surrounds. Remove the armrests and then the armrest slide retaining screws. Now gently pull the trim off, starting at the base. Job done.

Serge PONTES
Frequent User
Username: serrgio

Post Number: 16
Posted on Sunday, 18 April, 2004 - 02:30 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

hi Richard,
it seems to be easy; just time to spend...by the way, your answer is very clear and I thanks many time !
have a nice WE
by
serge