One for the UK members only Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Threads to 2015 » One for the UK members only « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jan Forrest
Prolific User
Username: got_one

Post Number: 182
Posted on Saturday, 22 January, 2011 - 07:47 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Oh, the joys of Shadow ownership - or perhaps not.
The big, fat, corrugated air trunking from the air filter to the central air flap housing has collapsed. I've botched it for now, but where do I get a replacement from? I've enquired at a breaker's and he's quoted - for a used one - £100 + p&P + VAT
Anyone know of a better (and preferably cheaper) source here in Blighty?

Nigel Johnson
Experienced User
Username: nigel_johnson

Post Number: 48
Posted on Saturday, 22 January, 2011 - 09:11 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Jan, 66 quid including VAT from Flying spares. One metre length. Regards, Nigel.

Jan Forrest
Prolific User

Post Number: 183
Posted on Saturday, 22 January, 2011 - 09:18 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks. I'll get onto them next week (busy over the weekend).

Jeff Young
Experienced User
Username: jeyjey

Post Number: 30
Posted on Saturday, 22 January, 2011 - 08:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I just bought a used air cleaner resonator from Flying Spares (£15). They're a real pain to extract from the trunking, and in my case they must have given up - it arrived to me still in the longer of the two pieces of trunking.

Jeff.

Mark Aldridge
Experienced User
Username: mark_aldridge

Post Number: 27
Posted on Saturday, 22 January, 2011 - 10:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Try Demon Tweeks for trunking,supplied in metre lengths, various diameters.Have used it on my Shadow air intake and S1 heater trunking.
Mark

Jan Forrest
Prolific User

Post Number: 184
Posted on Sunday, 23 January, 2011 - 12:02 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

S'funny you should mention the resonator. I've had a go at removing it on several occasions and came to the conclusion that Crewe must have designed a tool (~£100+ each) to install and remove it. At least I've not been able to move it more than a fraction of an inch! Since the longer of the two trunkings is still pristine, as is the big, fat rubber elbow, I really only need the shorter piece. The Demon Tweeks website could the best option in the circumstances - if I can just shift that obstinate %^&*(!
Thanks to all.

Jeff Young
Experienced User
Username: jeyjey

Post Number: 31
Posted on Sunday, 23 January, 2011 - 03:14 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

For what it's worth, I got my somewhat crumpled old resonator out with a liberal application of vaseline and some emphatic swearing.

Jan Forrest
Prolific User

Post Number: 185
Posted on Sunday, 23 January, 2011 - 07:55 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

How apposite is that? I keep several jars of the stuff in all the places I might need it - both cars, shed, garage ... etc (don't ask). Although I'm adept at the "emphatic swearing" I'll most likely just cut it out when I've got the replacement trunking. Could save a bit of wear and tear on the odd knuckle.