Oil sump seal replacement / '73 Corni... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Shadow Series » Threads to 2015 » Oil sump seal replacement / '73 Corniche CBB15806 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Klaus
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 84.186.182.86
Posted on Wednesday, 18 August, 2010 - 10:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear Forum Members,

my car was serviced in the US until I moved back to Germany. I found an enthusiastic small workshop here in Cologne, however the guy has 0 experience with Bentleys. While he has been able to work on the suspension he will be faced with replacing the oil sump gasket very soon. As I understand, a major challenge for an "uninitiated".
I have searched this forum as well as the workshop manual, but I can't find any instructions.
If anyone could point me in the right direction where to search, I would be very grateful.
Thank You in advance
Klaus

(Message approved by david_gore)

Bill Coburn
Username: bill_coburn

Post Number: 1273
Posted on Thursday, 19 August, 2010 - 09:55 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Klaus/ I covered this in Tee One Topics which I will have to find the reference. This is because I am still disgustingly slack at finalising an index. Basically the steering track rods come off and the rank and pinion if you have one. Then suspend the front of the engine and remove the front mount. You then unbolt the engine brackets from the rear mounts and slide the engine back an inch or so to get at the rear bolts in the sump. Suspending the engine is no problem, your man will have a saddle that goes across the engine bay (bonnet off) and sits in the gutters either side. If I can find the reference I will let you know.

Klaus
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 84.186.244.224
Posted on Thursday, 19 August, 2010 - 03:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear Bill,

thank You very much for Your response !
This will give him a general idea on how to proceed.
I am always torn between driving 4 hrs. to Brabo in Holland ( were I get my parts from + excellent workshop )or having work done here in Cologne, knowing very well, that it takes my guy double the time to find & fix something...
With best regards
Klaus F. Bischoff

(Message approved by david_gore)

Klaus F. Bischoff
Yet to post message
Username: klaus

Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, 05 September, 2010 - 04:35 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear Bill,

went through 801 ( eight hundred one !) pages of Tee One Topics, learning, grinning and laughing, before finding the article on page 802 in # 55.

Have made sort of a handwritten index for every service topic in issues 1 - 55.
If it's of any use to You, I can mail it.

The article is exactly what I was looking for, thank You !
Best regards,
Klaus