S1 Brake Fluid? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Cloud & Bentley S » S1 Brake Fluid? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

KC Saayman
Frequent User
Username: kc_saayman

Post Number: 98
Posted on Tuesday, 25 August, 2009 - 14:42:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi all
Another question for my 1957 S1 (B527EK) refurbishment please. What brake fluid should I use? I was told RR363, but surely that only became available when the Shadow was introduced years after my car was built, or not so?

Kind regards

KC

Paul Yorke
Grand Master
Username: paul_yorke

Post Number: 382
Posted on Tuesday, 25 August, 2009 - 16:48:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello KC,

RR363 Will work,but will be going overboard and a waste of money.

Dot 4 is perfect. (Also not available when Clouds were built, but you can't dismiss things because of that.)

A much more pleasant brake overhaul than the Shadows, I bet?

Gus Brogden
Frequent User
Username: gus

Post Number: 55
Posted on Tuesday, 25 August, 2009 - 17:18:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I did the brakes on my '65 Vauxhall. I did the brakes on both my Shadows. My Vauxhall has 3 hoses. It took a week to find all the hoses on my Shadows.

KC Saayman
Frequent User
Username: kc_saayman

Post Number: 99
Posted on Wednesday, 26 August, 2009 - 06:48:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thank you very much. This is what I thought. Why would people recommend RR363?
I have not reached the brakes yet, but that is next. I am busy with the cooling system overhaul. Refurbishing this S1 is such fun because it is so well built. Everything is of good quality and it cleans up so well. I find it enormously satisfying to remove an old dirty part, clean it up, and replace when shiny and like new.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: