Electronic Ignition On Cloud I Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Cloud & Bentley S » Electronic Ignition On Cloud I « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Wayne Wardman
New User
Username: wayne_wardman

Post Number: 9
Posted on Saturday, 08 November, 2008 - 19:14:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

My Cloud I had an Ignitor electronic system until today - when some poor advice caused its demise.

The manufacturer, Pertroniks, make an Ignitor 1 still

Does anyone have any advice regarding this one's replacement?

Cheers

Wayne

John Budden
Experienced User
Username: johnb

Post Number: 13
Posted on Saturday, 08 November, 2008 - 19:20:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Wayne, I have a spare plate if you ever want to restore it to original. What is the Chassis number?

Paul Yorke
Prolific User
Username: paul_yorke

Post Number: 247
Posted on Saturday, 08 November, 2008 - 19:53:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Wayne, I think the PerTronixs is units are supposed to reliable and good value for money.

Were you happy with it ? How did you fry it? Are you likely to do it again?

Wayne Wardman
New User
Username: wayne_wardman

Post Number: 10
Posted on Friday, 12 December, 2008 - 16:48:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi
I replaced the Ignitor and voila - engine running well, but running way rich, fouling plugs very rapidly.

The cause for this has yet to be found

Cheers

Wayne

John Hannah
Yet to post message
Username: jhannahhotkeynetau

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, 15 December, 2008 - 10:01:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Wayne,
I'm trying to remember back over thirty years since I had a Silver Cloud I. I think it was a Lucas distributor and points. Was your electronic ignition added later? In which case I would recommend taking it back to original. Isn't the Silver Cloud I Positive Earth? So a simple short may have cooked your electronic module.
Cheers,
John

John Budden
Experienced User
Username: johnb

Post Number: 15
Posted on Monday, 15 December, 2008 - 13:55:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

John,
No the Cloud (I) is defitiely a Delco distributer.
regards

Bill Coburn
Username: bill_coburn

Post Number: 1047
Posted on Monday, 15 December, 2008 - 17:23:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Wayne. TK MOtors in Moss Vale sells these units. Stick to the unit they are a very reliable bit of kit.

Colin Silver
New User
Username: colsilver

Post Number: 9
Posted on Thursday, 18 December, 2008 - 19:32:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hey Mr. Hannah, I hope Cloud I's aren't positive earth. I'm only used to negative earth and in years to come when working on mine, will come a guttser.

Damn, yet another thing to check with the old man, who gave me his pride and joy as an early part inheritence

As Hilda is white and runs a Holden LJ rotor button, she is not in concours contention. I am interested in electronic ignition, along with other things like AM/FM replacement to the inside of my radio.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: