Master cylinder Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Cloud & Bentley S » Master cylinder « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

John Mantello
New User
Username: john

Post Number: 4
Posted on Tuesday, 18 September, 2007 - 21:08:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Good Evening, I was hoping someone may direct me in the right direction. I am looking for a master cylinder kit for a Silver Cloud 1 or alternatively a new/good second hand master cylinder. Not sure if a new one exists and if so whether that's cost effective. Any help appreciated.

Paul Yorke
Frequent User
Username: paul_yorke

Post Number: 85
Posted on Wednesday, 19 September, 2007 - 01:08:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Resealing the cylinder is the cheapest option.

You may have to re-sleeve it if there is too much wear or damage in the bore.

Reconditioned exchange units are available, but much more expensive than a kit!

I don't know of suppliers in Aus, but they are readily available here in the UK.

You are welcome to PM me if you can not find them locally.

John Mantello
New User
Username: john

Post Number: 5
Posted on Thursday, 20 September, 2007 - 08:11:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Many thanks Paul, I will search locally and contact you if needed, again many thanks
John

Jeff Jones
Experienced User
Username: jeffoir

Post Number: 12
Posted on Wednesday, 07 November, 2007 - 18:38:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi John
We got our kit for the master cylinder from www.brabocars.com who are in the Netherlands. You'll need the 1 inch kit if you have the single master cylinder or the 1 inch PLUS the 0.75 inch kit if you have the dual master cylinder system. We took our single cylinder off and serviced it, and while we are certainly no mechanics, it was quite straight forward and will take you maybe half a day to complete. When you clean it you must make sure it's pristine when you put it back together (i.e no dirt etc). The hard part is getting the end off which you will need a adjustable spanner approx 2ft long. You'll need to hold the cylinder in a vice that won't damage the sides of the cylinder. Be really really careful that the brake fluid pipes leading into the cylinders are lined up exactly when you screw them back in or you will strip the thread quite easily (like I did) and you'll need to replace the whole section of brake pipe plus new ends (any brake shop could do this for you as the ends are standard fittings - just take them along and they will match them. Not a huge drama just a pain). I hope this helps you. Jeff

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: