Replacing the rubber coupling in a S1... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Cloud & Bentley S » Replacing the rubber coupling in a S1 steering column « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bill Heath
New User
Username: bill_heath

Post Number: 16
Posted on Friday, 12 November, 2021 - 04:06:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I posted about this in the 'Dash Removal' thread, but I'm hoping more people will see this as a new topic.

I'm having to partially remove the steering column on my S1, to get the dash out. It appears much easier to split the column from the spool valve by removing the four small nuts at the base of the column. That way, I can replace the rubber coupling at the same time.

I'm an experienced diy-er, but no expert and this dash lark has put me deep into situations where I do not know how to proceed or worse, what can/will go wrong.

Thus I am requesting any info people can provide on the process for replacing the rubber coupling. That should/might solve my dash problem at the same time!

Bill Heath
New User
Username: bill_heath

Post Number: 17
Posted on Friday, 12 November, 2021 - 21:53:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Panic over, dash is out and I won't be doing anything to the steering column just naw

Larry Kavanagh
Frequent User
Username: shadow_11

Post Number: 802
Posted on Tuesday, 23 November, 2021 - 09:09:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Senart, You should post your message in the SZ series section where it would be more relevant. Happy motoring, Larry

Geoff Wootton
Grand Master
Username: dounraey

Post Number: 2298
Posted on Tuesday, 23 November, 2021 - 09:40:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Senart

Beautiful restoration and thanks for posting it.

As Larry say's, best to move it to the SZ section.

Moderator Comment: Done as suggested

Jeff Martin
Frequent User
Username: jeff_r_1

Post Number: 315
Posted on Tuesday, 23 November, 2021 - 12:09:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

People years later Larry will look on the third video and ask what those things are hanging down from the steering column.

Senart Patrice
New User
Username: senart_p

Post Number: 2
Posted on Tuesday, 23 November, 2021 - 23:22:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Sorry guys, I was too quick and too happy to show you my restoration of my Bentley.

/Senart

Moderator Comment: No need to apologise - no problem whatsoever and easily fixed.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: