Rear suspension technical specs for B... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Cloud & Bentley S » Rear suspension technical specs for Bentley S1 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Guido Broich
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 151.46.94.155
Posted on Tuesday, 16 June, 2020 - 01:29:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi all,

I have a SSB LWD S1 from 1957. Recently I did overhaul the rear shock damper and found out that the 4 bushes that connect the swivel arm to the chassis had a inner hole diameter of 1/2" instead of the normal 7/16" of the bushes I got from Introcar.
At Intricar they where not aware of a 1/2" variant. No big problem, I machined it to specs, somebody told me that the car may have "colonial spring setup".
Is anybody aware of this variation and knows the tecnical specs of it?

Now I want go ahead and have my rear springs worked upon. So now I am curious which will be the rear spring small back 2 bushes and the big anterior bush diameter and if they are bigger too.

Has anybody the correct factory norm height at rear for the S1?

Now it looks down for about 2cm.
Thanks for all help

Guido

(Message approved by david_gore)

David Balfour
Frequent User
Username: sidchrome

Post Number: 202
Posted on Tuesday, 16 June, 2020 - 17:59:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Guido,

Standing height is dealt with extensively in the manual.Front and Rear are shown separately, so you will need to refer to each section.

Here is the link to what you require: http://rrtechnical.info/sc/sc1/wshop/8.pdf

Regards, David B.

Guido Broich
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 151.82.207.187
Posted on Thursday, 18 June, 2020 - 23:39:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thank you. Found it!

(Message approved by david_gore)

Guido Peter Broich
New User
Username: guido

Post Number: 9
Posted on Sunday, 01 November, 2020 - 22:09:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi all,

So I did the re-make on the leaf springs to get them "up" for about 3 cm, as the car was down about 2.

Now they are back up on the car and I will drive around a bit, standing height looks nice now.

One suggestion: to take down the springs I used a compression tool with a length of about 80cm and it worked fine.

When putting them back on it turned out very difficult, as the two final arms of the tool tended to shift too much to the centre of the springs and the power to apply was simply enormous. So I made myself a new tool with a 150 cm centre bar, in order to have the extremities longer than the springs.

So the force applied pushed the final arms outside and the compression was much more easier.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: