S2 is camber adjustable? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Cloud & Bentley S » S2 is camber adjustable? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Grassetto Eugenio
New User
Username: grassetto

Post Number: 32
Posted on Thursday, 26 March, 2020 - 03:57:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear all, my S2 pulls slightly into the right. During long trips on highway it' s boring. So I went to visit the best tyre man in town. He knows nothing about S2. He measured the wheels 's angles and stated that my S2 has got the two front wheels leaned both to the right of 1 degres which total a 2 degres camber, this should be the reason why my S2 pulls into the right, he said that camber is not adjustable on this car. I read on the workshop manual that the S2 camber is adjustable. I try to see by myself if following to the shop manual I could move it. But I’ m stuck because I’m not able to find a wrench which fits the eccentric bush, perhaps there is a special tools? The bush measure 44 mm, but my wrench 44 mm is to thick to grab it.

gordon le feuvre
Frequent User
Username: triumph

Post Number: 341
Posted on Tuesday, 31 March, 2020 - 17:44:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Grassetto,

The camber is adjustable. This is achieved by an eccentric bush that connects the vertical arm with king pin/wheel to upper wishbone arms. You have to loosen bolt (undo tab washer first) and turn it in for negative and out for positive, don't forget to tighten again. Have you checked toe-in and tried swopping front wheels side to side. The information can be found in Post War library under S2 suspension.

Grassetto Eugenio
New User
Username: grassetto

Post Number: 33
Posted on Tuesday, 14 April, 2020 - 06:36:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear Gordon, I've founded it, I've also swopped the wheels. Now she goes straight. Thank'you

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: