Fuel Guage Silver Cloud II Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Cloud & Bentley S » Fuel Guage Silver Cloud II « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Richard Greene
Frequent User
Username: benzjag

Post Number: 77
Posted on Sunday, 28 January, 2018 - 12:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I have almost given up what seems like a very simple problem on my 61 Cloud. My mechanic replaced the fuel sender which was not working with a new Jaguar sender for a XK140. It looked almost identical and it fitted perfectly. I thought it was working as it showed about 1/2. I filled up the car yesterday, and the gauge immediately showed past full but really was about 3/4 full. Second problem was the low fuel light now glows countiously. Before, it was not on. Today, switched the wires but the gauge remained the same. I then switched the wires back to the way
they were. The gauge then showed almost "0" with low fuel light still on. I then put the wires together, but the gauge still registers "0". I used my test light at the sender and get nothing on each terminal. The sender has a good ground. The gauge works when I check the oil level. Any guidance would be great as I am at a dead end on what I thought would be a simple problem!

Richard

David Hughes
Frequent User
Username: wedcar

Post Number: 73
Posted on Saturday, 17 February, 2018 - 08:45 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Richard
Have you sorted this issue yet?
I am not an auto electrician - far from it.
Do you still have the original unit? If so can it be repaired? Do you have the correct wiring diagram to assist you?
Regards
David

Richard Greene
Frequent User
Username: benzjag

Post Number: 80
Posted on Saturday, 17 February, 2018 - 03:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

David,

The "new" XK140 sender was defective. The company sent me a replacement, and it now works perfectly. My mechanic removed the original sender;therefore, not sure if he saved it. I apologize for not updating!

Richard

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: