Engine position in a Cloud III Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Cloud & Bentley S » Engine position in a Cloud III « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bill Coburn
Grand Master
Username: bill_coburn

Post Number: 337
Posted on Sunday, 20 February, 2005 - 12:40:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

My plaintive call for help yesterday seems to have disappeared probably in the housekeeping that appears to have been done in the last 24 hours.

My problem was that after removing the front engine mounting and cradle to get at the sump, the engine on reinstallation of the mount finished up in a position so that the fan cleared the cowling on the right hand side by about 1/4" and about 1 1/4" on the left. Not good on cornering as the fan hit the cowling.

There is no adjustment per se. Loosening the four 3/4" bolts either side of the cradle and the four 1/2" bolts securing the mount to the frame and the engine bracket, allowed me to lever the whole engine over to the right and jam it there while I did all the bolts up again. The fan is now central with 3/4" clearance both sides although a little less at the top.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: