VIN Details on a Cloud II Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Cloud & Bentley S » VIN Details on a Cloud II « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master
Username: omar

Post Number: 547
Posted on Thursday, 17 March, 2016 - 01:36:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

My friend wants to register his cloud II but the RTA cant find the location of the chassis number. They want to see the number actually stamped on the body or chassis.
Where should we be looking for this?
Thanks
Omar

Chris Browne
Prolific User
Username: chrisb

Post Number: 239
Posted on Thursday, 17 March, 2016 - 04:06:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello Omar,

I presume the location of the chassis numbers is the same as on a Cloud 1. There should be an alloy plate engraved with the chassis number riveted to the firewall in the engine bay. The number is also stamped into plates welded on the top of both sides of the main chassis rails approximately in line with the front face of the starter motor. If the chassis is particularly dirty, it may have to be scraped clean to reveal the number. The photograph of our chassis rail was taken before restoration, the firewall chassis plate after!

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Chris

Omar M. Shams
Grand Master
Username: omar

Post Number: 548
Posted on Thursday, 17 March, 2016 - 05:12:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear Chris,
Thanks a million mate.
The chassis plate on the firewall is in someone's trophy chest and that is why we need to find the stamping location.
You have very kindly led me there.
I am grateful to you.
the Cloud II has a V8 and your Cloud I has a six. I assume the location you refer to are the two straight legs that run parallel in the engine bay and that the stampings are on the top of each of those rails.

Thanks
Omar

Chris Browne
Prolific User
Username: chrisb

Post Number: 240
Posted on Thursday, 17 March, 2016 - 20:47:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello Omar,

Yes, that is correct. On a Cloud 1, there is a starter solenoid fixed to a bracket on top of the left chassis rail (left when viewed from the drivers seat)close to the starter motor on a right hand drive car. The chassis number plate is welded to the top surface of the chassis rail just in front of this bracket. On a Cloud 1, there is an identical plate welded to the top of the right hand chassis rail. They might be difficult to see on a Cloud 2 as the V8 takes up much more space but I am fairly sure that the plates will be where I have described.

Kind regards,

Chris

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: