Factory Fitted Air Con? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Cloud & Bentley S » Factory Fitted Air Con? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Gabriël Viljoen
Frequent User
Username: gabriel

Post Number: 17
Posted on Tuesday, 17 August, 2004 - 21:58:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Good day.

I had a look at a Silver Cloud III the other day and noted that the Air Con system is mounted below the dashboard. Then I found a Bentley S1 with the same system fitted on the internet (see photo attached).

Is this a factory fitted unit, or after market unit?

Kind regards

GabriëlAir Con

John Dare
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 144.138.194.146
Posted on Friday, 15 October, 2004 - 08:08:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear Gabriel, above illustrated unit is aftermarket. Do you have an "S" series car, and if so, are you seeking to put air cond. in it, or upgrade the existing original unit, if fitted?

(Message approved by david_gore)

Gabriël Viljoen
Frequent User
Username: gabriel

Post Number: 19
Posted on Sunday, 31 October, 2004 - 15:46:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thank you John

It is a friends of mine's car. They wanted to know if it is factory fitted unit, or an aftermarket unit. I thought it was aftermarket, but then I came across the above picture of the same unit, and it made me think that it might be factory fitted.

Thank you for your reply.
Gabriel

Doug Young
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 144.135.84.204
Posted on Thursday, 18 November, 2004 - 23:17:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I have a 1958 S1 Park Ward Continental, and living in Qld, would like to fit airconditioning. Any suggestions as to installation and of just what welcome.
Regards
Doug Young

(Message approved by david_gore)

Bill Coburn
Grand Master
Username: bill_coburn

Post Number: 338
Posted on Sunday, 20 February, 2005 - 20:25:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

The only Factory fitted aircon is that shown in the steamy windows post with the exception that a boot evaporator was an option either as an adjunct to the normal dash unit or on its own.

Bill Payne
New User
Username: wimpy

Post Number: 6
Posted on Monday, 16 April, 2007 - 04:53:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

In looking at tons of Silver Cloud pictures, I remember seeing several different variations on the factory ducting on the package shelf. Unfortunately, I didn't realize at the time I should have saved those pictures.

Does anyone have any interior pictures which highlight their "different" take on avoiding freezing the necks of rear seat passengers?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: