Wood refreshing Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Silver Cloud & Bentley S » Wood refreshing « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Colin Silver
Prolific User
Username: colsilver

Post Number: 136
Posted on Friday, 08 June, 2012 - 18:50:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I'm due to do something to Hilda - something I do each two years.

I was thinking I would get the crispy/blistered wood lacquer fixed from the top part of the dash wood restored. (Sun damage or a shoddy re-lacquering before my time)

Not asking for blatant adverts, but is there anyone experienced in this in Melbourne?

(Private Message would be good, unless recommendations are welcomed in this forum)

Jeffrey McCarthy
Grand Master
Username: jefmac2003

Post Number: 311
Posted on Saturday, 09 June, 2012 - 08:42:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Carwood in Melbourne did mine. They will restain and repair as well.

http://www.jagsrus.com.au/Carwood.htm

I think the forum rules permit a positive recommendation - if not I'm sure the moderators can delete this.

Colin Silver
Prolific User

Post Number: 137
Posted on Monday, 11 June, 2012 - 20:42:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Appreciate the link Jeffrey. Wouldn't have found them in a web search. Guess I must think outside the box for British car repairs. ie: Jaguar.

Colin Silver
Prolific User

Post Number: 138
Posted on Monday, 11 June, 2012 - 20:49:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I'd like to add that Robert and Neal Chapman have done an excellent job on a full going over of the mechanics of my car. They know their craft.

I had the aluminium door my father creased repaired by Bruce of "Classic Auto Refinishing" in Bayswater ph 9720 5816.

Saving my dollars for the last restoration - bringing the car back to original colours.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: