R Type Fire Wall Colour Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Early Post-War » R Type Fire Wall Colour « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Martin Cutler
Frequent User
Username: martin_cutler

Post Number: 71
Posted on Tuesday, 27 May, 2008 - 16:22:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Well, while I am waiting for snap on to come up with the stud puller, I thought I would repaint the firewall. Both the MK VI's have silver firewalls, but the R Type has a mixture of black, sable brown overspray and fawn, most attractive. I have seen the fawn colour on restored cars, the underside of my bonnet is black though. Assume if it was supposed to be fawn, the underside of the bonnet would be fawn as well? Was thinking of going with silver to match the othe 2 cars, what do you think?

Paul Yorke
Prolific User
Username: paul_yorke

Post Number: 159
Posted on Thursday, 29 May, 2008 - 11:58:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I THINK the bulkheads were all fawn.

Not sure about the bonnets.

Martin Cutler
Frequent User
Username: martin_cutler

Post Number: 73
Posted on Friday, 30 May, 2008 - 18:04:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi Paul, Thanks for that. I bought a tin of fawn paint today. The underside of the bonnet needs repainting, so may go fawn with that as well.

Cheers

Marty

rich cwik
Experienced User
Username: lotusrich

Post Number: 13
Posted on Wednesday, 16 July, 2008 - 12:38:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

My car( B197 UL) has the fawn bulkhead, but the underside of the bonnet was painted a silver color. When I pressure washed the enginge bay, some of the silver flaked off, but underneath it was only a darker grayish-silver , sort of matte finish primer. This car was originally slate gray, from Bentley

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: