R Type Heater Bleeding Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Early Post-War » R Type Heater Bleeding « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

David John Stacey
New User
Username: staceyd142

Post Number: 18
Posted on Thursday, 01 October, 2020 - 01:52:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I’ve replaced a leaky under seat heater matrix and it occurred to me that with the water connections on the bottom, there would be a risk of air being trapped in the upper part. I connected a hosepipe to the circuit to try and fill the matrix and lo and behold, on testing, the upper section is cool. Any bright ideas as to how to bleed the air out?

Jim Walters
Frequent User
Username: jim_walters

Post Number: 328
Posted on Thursday, 01 October, 2020 - 04:03:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Vacuum the system using a Mityvac hand pump or one of the coolant change systems that use compressed air to produce a vacuum in a container. Should be lots of tutorials on Youtube.

SRH8505 SRC18015 SRE22493 NAC-05370
www.bristolmotors.com

David John Stacey
New User
Username: staceyd142

Post Number: 19
Posted on Thursday, 01 October, 2020 - 05:23:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks Jim,

I’ll give that a try.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: