4.25Lt Cylinder Head Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Early Post-War » 4.25Lt Cylinder Head « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Alexander Lynch
New User
Username: lex_lynch

Post Number: 2
Posted on Monday, 13 July, 2020 - 22:34:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

In my search for a replacement head for my 1950 MkV1 B111JN Part No RE7753 I found what I suspect to be an earlier unit with 5/16 stud holes but the only numbers stamped are at the back of the head which I read as RE 606 and E21J. What does this relate to?

head

Christopher Carnley
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 86.182.76.121
Posted on Tuesday, 14 July, 2020 - 00:50:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

These are very likely to be machining stage numbers or heat treatment numbers.
Early heads are RE3680 and then later ones RE7753,usually stamped into the side.

(Message approved by david_gore)

Bill Vatter
Experienced User
Username: bill_vatter

Post Number: 121
Posted on Wednesday, 15 July, 2020 - 23:16:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Early cars had 5/16 studs. However, that does not stop you from using this head. There are no other differences. Simply drill out the holes to fit the 3/8 studs you have. There is a factory bulletin addressing this. The bulletin states this should be done when an engine is overhauled.

Alexander Lynch
New User
Username: lex_lynch

Post Number: 3
Posted on Friday, 17 July, 2020 - 11:16:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thank you both, I was unsure if there was enough "meat" to drill out the stud holes.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: