Hidden Wire Binding Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Early Post-War » Hidden Wire Binding « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jeff
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 70.67.37.228
Posted on Thursday, 26 September, 2019 - 04:03:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hello all, I'm finally getting around to doing the seats in my 1951 MK VI Bentley and have reached a bump in the road. What are others using here as I'm having trouble finding the correct product. This is the binding that covers the upholstery tacks/staples that hold the front seat covers in place.

This is what it looks like, one can use his own skived leather here. Thanks

https://forums.aaca.org/topic/329603-wire-on-now-available-from-new-source/

(Message approved by david_gore)

Christopher Carnley
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 109.156.42.48
Posted on Friday, 27 September, 2019 - 01:10:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Have you had a look at Woolsteholmes (Woolies) catalogue? They are in Peterborough, UK.

Jeff
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, 27 September, 2019 - 18:08:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thanks Chris, but Woolies couldn't help me, at this point there is white available that can be sprayed in the right colour (891 brown), I don't how long that will last though.
Or buy the white (or black) carefully undue all the stitching and glue/sew on my leather on. A very tedious process, but it would get the job done.

Jeff
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, 28 September, 2019 - 02:41:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Found the place and it's the guy in the forum, Cory Cook. Scroll down to see the service.
The link was right under my nose in my earlier post.
https://lcars.com/pages/news.php

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: