Mk VI brake lights Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Early Post-War » Mk VI brake lights « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

KC Saayman
Frequent User
Username: kc_saayman

Post Number: 17
Posted on Thursday, 18 August, 2005 - 16:55:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Hi all

My Mk VI brake lights have suddenly stopped working. I have checked the globes, but they are fine. As both lights stopped working at the same time, I suspect the switch that activates the lights. Where is this switch located? I assume it is somewhere on the brake pedal mechanism?

Any advice appreciated!

Regards
KC

Bill Coburn
Username: bill_coburn

Post Number: 503
Posted on Thursday, 18 August, 2005 - 19:08:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Well KC that's an old chestnut. If you burrow under the floor of your car you will find an angled strengthening plate bolted to the chassis to support the pedals. Behind that is the switch. A picture of it and details about repairing it are all contained on page 120 of issue Number 11 of Tee One Topics which are now included on this web site. Good luck.

KC Saayman
Frequent User
Username: kc_saayman

Post Number: 18
Posted on Friday, 19 August, 2005 - 16:23:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Dear Bill

Thank you very much for pointing me to the article on the brake switch. This will help a lot!

May I also take this opportunity to thank you for Tee One Topics. I have really enjoyed receiving it, and looked forward to every issue. Having it available on the website is a real bonus for me, as I now have access to all the previous issues as well! I will in future get the latest issue from the website, so you are welcome to remove me from your mailing list in order to save time and postage.

Kind regards

KC Saayman
South Africa

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: