Dave and Dusty 1947 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Australian RR Forums » Early Post-War » Dave and Dusty 1947 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Michael Carr
Frequent User
Username: carsie

Post Number: 55
Posted on Sunday, 23 September, 2018 - 07:47:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

I couldn't see if this rather delightful (no..actually read..totally patronising, lol! ) film, was here on the forum and so I thought I would post.

Enjoy :-)

Dusty and Dave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzeh4l_2zSY

Christian S. Hansen
Grand Master
Username: enquiring_mind

Post Number: 907
Posted on Sunday, 23 September, 2018 - 08:28:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Thank you. Beautiful Silver Wraith.

David Gore
Username: david_gore

Post Number: 3010
Posted on Sunday, 23 September, 2018 - 20:20:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

Does anyone know the name of the music played at the beginning and end of this video?

This was the theme for the ABC Radio "Hospital Half Hour" broadcast after the 7.45am main news bulletin in the 1950's/1960's in Lismore NSW where I was born - I think the programme came on relay from ABC Brisbane The compere was a Russ Tyson if my memory is correct.

christopher carnley
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 109.148.48.173
Posted on Monday, 24 September, 2018 - 21:01:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IP

David,

The grating music is called "Melody On The Move", by Clive Richardson, 1947. The "Hospital Half Hour" was by Garry Ord.

There were 63 Dave and Dusty films, and note the registration of the early Silver Wraith, Rolls-Royce P.R. department moved into top gear.

Thanks Christopher - the music is grating however the program content was always interesting when local residents were mentioned.

(Message approved by david_gore)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Please quote Chassis Numbers for all vehicles mentioned.
Password:
E-mail:
Action: